For families whose loved one died at Lisaard and Innisfree Hospice:
Family Time – This group meets the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month; 12:30pm – 2:30pm at Lisaard House, and 6:30pm – 8:30m at Innisfree House.
Please note that due to COVID-19, Family Time is being run through a virtual or telephone platform.
Coffee Time – This group meets Wednesdays 10:00am – 11:00am at Innisfree House.
Please note that due to COVID-19, we are unable to offer this support group at this time.
For those who are looking for grief support after the death of a loved one:
General Online Resources
- Actively Moving Forward – support for grieving young adults
- Bridge C-14 – a virtual MAID bereavement support group
- Canadian Virtual Hospice – people from various cultures share stories & wisdom about living with serious illness, end-of-life, and grief
- The Dinner Party – community of young adults who have experienced a significant loss
- Heart House Hospice – virtual bereavement support in Urdu/Hindi
- Hospice Waterloo Region – specialized support groups including Rainbow Bereavement, Indigenous Group, and complementary therapies
- Kemp Hospice – text and online chat grief support
Blogs and Other Online Reading Materials
- Apart of Me – a free app for grieving children or teens
- eMentalHealth – information for parents, caregivers, children, and youth
- Children and Youth Grief Network – connecting grieving youth with services and resources
- The Dougy Center – for grieving children, families, and supporters
- The Grief Reality – two teen girls blog about the loss of their mother, inviting others to share their stories
- Help2MakeSense – support for grieving young people
- KidsGrief.ca – talking with kids and teens about serious illness, dying, and death
- The Nightingale Centre – support for grieving children, youth, and families
- Surviving Life After a Parent Dies – for teens to connect through shared experiences
- Teen Grief – connecting teens with similar grief experiences anonymously
- Teenage Grief Sucks – stories submitted by grieving teens with a welcome to submit your own
- TooDamnYoung – a resource for grieving teens and young adults
- Wellness & Emotional Support for Youth Online – free online counselling for youth
- Megan Devine – How Do You Help a Grieving Friend?
- Lucy Hone – Three Secrets of Resilient People
- Lucy Kalanithi – What Makes Life Worth Living in the Face of Death
- Nora McInerny – We Don’t “Move On” from Grief
- BJ Miller – What Really Matters at the End of Life
- Jason B. Rosenthal – The Journey Through Loss and Grief